These are the ten things that I do when I initially start on a clients website. These can vary and some other thing may be done depending on the scope of the project. Most of these are must haves, and others are dependent on the clients needs. But number 10 is a must and happens on every build. Have fun.
- Change admin user name to something else
- Install iThemes Security. Run Scan and set it up
- Delete unused plugins and themes
- Install W3 Total Cache, and configure it.
- Install a good backup plugin like BackUp Buddy by or BackWPup, and back up the website.
- Change permalinks, and other aspects of the settings tab.
- Make sure the theme, and the plugins I use are well supported.
- Delete all default pages, posts, and comments
- Install SEO by Yoast – if client wants search engine work
- Make some tea or coffee.
This is not all I do, but I make sure these 10 things are definitely done.